CMC is strongly and proudly affiliated with Christian organizations, and at the same time was founded to provide excellence and compassionate care to people of all faiths. In India, Christians are a small minority. Most of CMC’s patients are Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, or belong to another faith. Faith organizations have a range of opportunities to support the Foundation, CMC, or any of the work being done at the mission hospitals or Vellore. We gather and work together to witness the healing ministry of Christ, to inspire spiritual growth, teach tolerance, and build healthy family relationships.
Explore some of the ways you can work with CMC and please contact us for more details should any of these inspire you.
- Clergy can volunteer with CMC’s Chaplaincy Department in Vellore. Although CMC is a Christian organization, the Chaplaincy Department serves patients and staff of all religious backgrounds. Please call the Foundation for more details.
- Sponsor a mission trip to Vellore. Members of congregations continue to be engaged in various mission projects that range from capital improvements to administrative work to program-related support and chaplaincy programs.
- Support CMC projects that meet the interests and mission of your organization. CMC’s diverse healing ministry has a wide variety of programs including medical care for poor patients; elder day care programs; and screening programs for early cancer detection.
- Make “in honor” or “in memory” gifts easily available to your members.
- Make CMC and Ida Scudder part of your curriculum. Incorporate CMC’s story, particularly Ida Scudder’s response to God’s call, in the religious education curriculum. We’re happy to provide curricula to support such a program.
- Welcome a CMC alumnus or Foundation representative to your congregation. We are happy to visit your congregation to present CMC’s work and needs. We are fortunate to have congregations that make monthly or quarterly gifts to CMC through the Foundation; we would be grateful to have the opportunity to inspire such an arrangement with your congregation.
- Share CMC information with your congregation. We are very grateful to congregations that allow up to place materials in the church for members to read/respond to.
- Invite a CMC faculty member or alumnus to speak to your congregation or at a denomination meeting. Our faculty and alumni can deliver a keynote or plenary address, or have an alternate role in national or regional meetings of denominations, synods and the like.
- Donate your space for CMC alumni gatherings. Make your church hall or similar gathering space available for CMC alumni gatherings (e.g. Sunday late afternoon family supper).