Keep your special connection to CMC alive and inspire your fellow alumni to join you! You are always welcome to contact the Foundation to discuss an idea. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Establish a Faculty Fellowship at your hospital or research laboratory. Host a CMC faculty member for a few weeks or a few months as he/she completes a pre-approved project. This can be a one-time experience or an ongoing program. It is not essential to provide funds, although a sponsored fellowship is a truly extraordinary way of supporting CMC. Contact Kate Guenther, the Foundation’s President, for more information about the Faculty Fellowship Program and how it benefits CMC faculty.
- Coordinate a student trip to CMC. You can offer to organize or even lead a small group of students to CMC for a study visit. Groups are housed on campus (pending availability) and stay from one to two weeks. Students rotate around CMC including remote sites and are encouraged to have a line of inquiry or a research project to focus the visit. Students pay their own costs. Please contact the Foundation for more details.
- Invite a CMC faculty member to attend or speak at a professional conference. Please contact the Foundation to arrange this.
- Host a social event for CMC alumni in your area. Foundation staff is available to help with an alumni gathering. These small events are a fun way to hear from fellow alumni about their work and families while helping CMC gain visibility nationwide. Please contact the Foundation for more details.
- Organize a group gift from you and your batch mates. The Foundation can help you select a CMC project to match your interests and/or your goals. Contact the Foundation for more details.
- Ask family and friends to honor you with a gift to CMC. When a birthday or holiday calls for gift-giving, ask your friends and family to make their gifts to CMC in your honor. You receive the joy of supporting CMC and they receive a tax deduction. Direct your admirers to our easy, secure online donation page.
- Ask your employer to match gifts to the Foundation. If your employer (or your spouse’s) matches charitable gifts, please send your form in every time you give. If not, ask your Benefits Office if CMC can be supported as part of your employee giving campaign. Have your Benefits Officer contact the Foundation for more details — and thank you!
- Share the story of CMC. If your house of worship, service club or other local organization welcomes speakers, volunteer to speak about CMC (we can help with materials and message) or let the Foundation know so that we can find the perfect person to introduce CMC.
The Foundation can resource any of your efforts with the beautiful DVD “Home of a Healing God,” plus printed materials about CMC’s work. If needed, we can look for a local speaker to talk about CMC’s extraordinary work.
And don’t forget to let the Foundation know about your work, your family, your interests so that we can include them in the alumni update sections of our newsletter, Voices of Vellore, and website.