Keep your special connection to the College of Nursing alive, and inspire your fellow alumnae to join you! You can always contact the Foundation to discuss something you have in mind. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Establish a Faculty Fellowship at your hospital or research laboratory. Host a CMC faculty member as he/she completes a pre-approved project. This can be a one-time experience or part of an ongoing program. It is not essential to provide funds, although a sponsored fellowship is a truly extraordinary way of supporting CMC. Contact Kate Guenther, Foundation President, for more information about Faculty Fellowships and how they might benefit Nursing faculty.
- Coordinate a student trip to CMC. You can to lead or arrange a study visit to Vellore for a small group of students. Groups are housed on campus (pending availability) and stay from one to two weeks. Students rotate around CMC including CONCH sites. They are encouraged to have a line of inquiry or a research project to focus their visit. Students pay their own costs. Please contact the Foundation office for more details.
- Invite a Nursing faculty member to attend or speak at a professional conference. Please contact the Foundation if you need assistance arranging this.
- Host a social event for Nursing alumnae in your area. Foundation staff is available to help with an alumnae gathering. These small events are a fun way to hear from fellow alumnae about their work and families while helping CMC gain visibility nationwide. Contact the Foundation for details.
- Organize a group gift from you and your batch mates. The Foundation can help you select a College of Nursing project to match your interests and/or your goals. Contact us for more details.
- Ask family and friends to honor you with a gift to the College of Nursing. When a birthday or holiday calls for gifts, ask your friends and relatives to donate to the College of Nursing in your honor. You receive the joy of supporting CMC and they receive a tax deduction. You can easily direct friends to our secure online donation page.
- Ask your employer to match gifts to the Foundation. If your employer (or your spouse’s) matches charitable gifts, don’t forget to send in your form every time you give. If not, ask your Benefits Department if CMC can be included in your employee giving program. Please contact the Foundation office for more details.
- Share the story of CMC. If your house of worship, service club or other local organization welcomes speakers, volunteer to speak about CMC (we can help with materials and message) or let us know so that we can find the perfect person to introduce CMC.
The Foundation can resource any of your efforts with the beautiful DVD, “Home of a Healing God,” and other print materials about CMC’s work. If needed, we can look for a local speaker to talk about CMC’s extraordinary work.
Don’t forget to let the Foundation know about your work, your family, your interests so that we can include them in the alumni update sections of our Newsletter and website.