Dear Alumni: Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health Scientists and Staff,
Greetings and welcome to The Foundation’s new website! Many of you were integral in helping us understand Alumni needs and developing the site. Thank you!
As many of you know, our goals are ambitious. We built the new website to serve as a hub for all CMC and Foundation stakeholders in the U.S., Canada and even in Vellore – everyone from alumni and faculty to donors and potential partners. Our aim is that the site immediately 1) builds credibility and trust among these various audiences, 2) balances our rigor, excellence and professionalism with our creativity and caring spirit, 3) clearly explains the relationship between The Foundation in New York and CMC in Vellore, 4) communicates who the Foundation is, what we do and why it matters, and 5) makes it easy for everyone to find the information they need, get involved and easily and securely donate to CMC.
We hope that you all visit frequently and take advantage of all we have to offer.
The new website has several features designed especially for Alumni.
- CMC Alumni. The CMC Alumni section (this section) is open to the public. Here you’ll find the latest information on the annual GOTC, a Faculty Spotlight showcasing the work and ideas a different CMC faculty member each month, Batch Notes sharing major news (both personal and professional) from all Alumni, a Gift Planning section aimed at making it easy to donate on your terms, and a comprehensive list of FOV International partners should you wish to reach out while traveling abroad or to make connections.
- Get Involved. Here you’ll find one place that shares all the exciting ways CMC Alumni can get involved. Click here to go there now!
- News & Events. Here you’ll find the latest news from CMC in Vellore and CMC Alumni in the U.S. – news like appointments, promotions and accolades, the latest research findings and publications, progress updates on new buildings and capital projects, and personal stories of interest from students, faculty and alumni around the world. In the News section, you’ll also find a list of events, both in the U.S. and Vellore. You can even choose to have updates emailed to you, so you don’t have to remember to check the site. Click here to go there now!
- CMC Photo & Video Library. Have you ever wished you could see what’s going on at CMC right now? The Photo & Video Library may be the next best thing. It’s your visual, visceral gateway to CMC showcasing images and video from across the decades to today. Click here to go there now!
- Private Alumni Portal. We are so proud to introduce this private, secure online community just for CMC Alumni. Only CMC Alumni are allowed access to this section of the site. After signing up and receiving your password (which you can change after you login), you’ll be able to enter this secure area, create a profile and connect with Alumni by batch, location or area of interest. Share whatever you like! Family photos just with your batch or your latest research abstract with the entire Clan. Start a discussion on glycobiology, faculty fellowships, Battle Star Galactica or raising kids in America. It’s all up to you. Click here to sign up and experience the Alumni Community for yourself!
The Foundation is committed to making the new website truly excellent; and you can help us make it even more rich and wonderful. Refer your friends and batch mates. Share your news and photos.
If you have any feedback, ideas or things you love about the site, please click here and let us know.
If you have news you’d like us to feature on the site or a blog you’d like to guest author, please click here to write us an email and let us know.
If you have photos or videos of CMC in Vellore you’d like to share, please click here to visit our upload page where you will find easy to follow instructions to submit these.
We at The Foundation are so very grateful for your support! Again, your news, ideas and comments are always welcome!
Stay in touch.