We’re happy to announce plans for this year’s Alumni Reunion (formerly known as GOTC). With thanks to Drs. Wiji Ratnathicam and Albert Johnson (co-chairs) plans are falling into place for a great June weekend in the NY Metro Area.
The original dates had to be changed due inavailability of a suitable venue. Fortunately, in the survey which was done in June at the 2016 gathering, the overwhelming majority opted for the most opportune dates to obtain a suitable venue.
Dates: June 15th-18th 2017
Venue: Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07201
Tel. 908 436 4000
Rate: $139.00 per night (Standard Double, Standard King, King with Sofa Bed) This rate includes the following:
- Breakfast for two.
- Complimentary WIFI in rooms and Public Areas.
- Complimentary Shuttle from to and from Newark Airport. This shuttle can also be used to board a train to Manhattan (30 mins) and to points North and South.
- Complimentary self- parking for day and overnight guests.
- All additional Breakfast vouchers at a rate of $18 per adult (inclusive) and $9 per child 12 and under (inclusive)
- Those having children should ask for the pullout sofa
- The standard double has two Double beds.
One hundred (100) rooms have been committed. If the numbers fall below that there could be a penalty. If more rooms are needed, that can be arranged, however the planners need to know at least a couple of months ahead of time. So please book early!
To book online go to the following link
Book your group rate for Christian Medical College of Vellore, South India Conference
The link has a charge for parking. This is an error they don’t know how to fix. Parking is free.
To book by phone, call 888 236 2427 and ask for group booking for Christian Medical College of Vellore, South India Conference.
Continuing Medical Education
Christie Thomas is once again organizing the CME program He is working on Category I credits. This decision was made since this has been an integral part of our reunions. We encourage you to call Christie (email@example.com/ Tel 319 321 0562. We are looking for a few good men and women to contribute.
The following are in charge of various activities.
Chapel Service: Kalyani.firstname.lastname@example.org/ 306 220 9521
Choir: Still looking for a Choir Master. Any volunteers?
Entertainment: Samson Jesudass email@example.com/ 512 738 1936
Please contact them with your input.
Non-CME activities in planning (not finalized):
- Cruise on the Hudson to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island or picnic at Liberty State Park 0n Friday afternoon.
On the afternoon of Friday June16th a picnic has been arranged to Liberty State Park. This the boarding point for The Statue of Liberty Cruise. Those interested in going on the cruise, please sign up on the Registration Form. As indicated on the form, there will be a separate charge for this. Tickets are limited for the cruise and will be dispensed on a first come basis .
2. Broadway show, Matinee, Revival of Miss Saigon, on Saturday. This requires an early commitment with full payment. Contact us ASAP.
3. Sri Lankan dinner and dancing to Sri Lankan band on Friday night.
4. Auxiliary meeting Friday morning
Finally, Ponna Thurairatnam has created a website for this reunion and for all those who would like to follow in the US or anywhere in the world. It is still under construction. Thanks to Ponna. All communication regarding the Reunion will be posted on this site and will be sent in emails.
Those coming by car contact Ponna Thurairatnam if you have and can carry musical instruments. Contact details email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 905 239 7666
The website is http://vellore-gotc.com/
See you in Newark,
Albert Johnson email@example.com/ 908 246 2378
Wiji Ratnathicam firstname.lastname@example.org/ 914 424 6097